I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream! It’s true. While I know it is probably more cost effective to go into the local grocery store and buy a half gallon, it doesn’t taste the same. I’m serious. There’s something about going out for ice cream that makes it taste better. Some will say that ice cream isn’t healthy, but research says there are some benefits. ( I have also taken the liberty to add a few)
5 Reasons to Eat Ice Cream Today!
- Despite the cream and sugar, it has other good stuff like calcium, potassium and vitamin B.
- It might even help you lose weight!
- July is National Ice Cream Month and July 20th is National Ice Cream Day. It’s good to support some of these other national holidays. ( June is Fight the Filthy Fly month. Just not sure I can get behind that one. )
- You haven’t really had a good season, until the coach takes you out for ice cream.
- When you buy ice cream at your local ice cream shop you are supporting small business!
Here’s 3 Places to Check Out:
Located on 36 West Avenue on the canal in Fairport Village, not only is there delicious ice cream, there’s always something going on. A little snippet from their website:
Throughout the year, we host
fantastic wine, chocolate, and
artisan ice cream tastings, concerts,
and other family friendly activities.
We also participate on-location at
local benefits, fundraisers, and
community gatherings. We hope you
will consider attending one of our
The Ice Cream Factory of Fairport:
They are ready to go for Fairport Canal Days, so be sure to stop by. They’ll be having two sundae specials:
-Birthday Cake Sundae: A piece of birthday cake encased in vanilla and chocolate custard, with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. $5.95.
-Brownie Sundae: Two layers of brownies, vanilla and chocolate custard, double hot fudge topped with whipped cream and a cherry. $5.95.
To find out the flavor of the week, you can follow them on Facebook.
If gelato is more your style, you can stop by the Royal Cafe and check out all their fabulous flavors. Even though the Spaghetti Ice Cream Sundae, won’t have all the sugar you are used to, it looks like so much fun to try!
If you would like to know more about the area ice cream shops, or if you would like to live in one of these areas, contact us today! Not only do we love ice cream, we love real estate and supporting local businesses! Look for our Here’s the Scoop Contest coming soon!